Riverside Construction Accident Lawyer
RIVERSIDE CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
If you are working as a construction worker in Riverside, California, then you are likely aware of the risks associated with the job. Accidents such as falling objects, malfunctioning machinery, truck collisions, fires, and even explosions can occur at a Riverside construction work site during work hours. Typically, these accidents can be avoided if proper safety protocol is adhered to by all parties involved, including employees, employers, subcontractors, property owners, construction equipment manufacturers, and other individuals.
Despite California regulations that are designed to protect the safety of construction workers, these accidents still occur and can result in a construction accident injury. If you have been injured while working on the job at a construction site, Diefer Law Group, P.C., has your back. A Riverside construction accident attorney from our firm can help walk you through your workers’ compensation claim and help advise you on whether you should file a personal injury lawsuit.
An injury attorney at Diefer Law Group, P.C. knows how stressful it can be to face an injury or illness after a job-related accident at a construction site. You may be wondering whether you will have to pay for your missed work and medical bills out of pocket and whether your workers’ compensation benefits will actually cover all of the expenses involved. A personal injury lawyer can explain to you your rights under CA law and work with you on the details of your case to optimize your chances of getting the workers’ compensation you deserve.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET INJURED ON A RIVERSIDE CONSTRUCTION SITE
If you have to deal with the aftermath of a construction accident in Riverside, CA, it is important to stay calm and be informed in advance of the steps that you will need to take in order to protect your health and your rights. After a construction accident and injury, you should take the following measures:
- Ensure that your injury, and the injury of anyone around you, is not severe or life-threatening. Immediately after the accident occurs, you should assess the situation and ensure that no one has sustained a serious injury that will require you to call 911 immediately.
- Notify the individuals responsible for security, as well as your boss, that the accident has occurred. Your supervisor can assess the situation and handle the logistics for reporting and transportation of those who are injured. Encourage the people involved to leave any faulty equipment alone so that it can be used as evidence for your case later.
- Document the accident. Before leaving the scene, be sure to take pictures of the accident and your injuries, and get the name and number of anyone who witnessed the accident. Also, write down the date and time of the accident and the date and time that you notified your supervisor and other responsible parties about it. If reports are written up by personnel, request copies for your own records.
- Get medical help. You will want to seek assistance for your injury or sickness as soon as possible. It is important to see a doctor, even if you think that your injuries are not that serious.
- Document your sickness and/or injuries. When you go to the doctor, have them give you all copies of the medical records concerning your case, including diagnoses and prescriptions. Also, keep records of all of your medical bills.
- Tell your boss again about the incident. After you have gathered your initial evidence and gotten medical attention, it is critical to formally notify your boss and other supervisors about the construction accident. Specify that you want to start the workers’ compensation claims process.
- Follow the appropriate steps to apply for workers’ compensation benefits. After notifying your employer, they will have one working day to give you DWC-1 claim forms to fill out. Once you return these to your employer and they submit everything, the claims process will start internally within their insurance provider’s organization.
- Comply with any requests from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance provider. You will want to work closely with your employer and their insurance company by quickly providing them with any additional information that they may request from you, such as medical records or accident evidence. Providing these documents and files in a timely manner can help speed up the claims process.
- Receive your workers’ compensation benefits. Based on the seriousness of your injuries, whether you are temporarily or permanently disabled, the work that you had to miss, and the amount of money that you were making before, your employer’s insurance provider will come up with an amount that you will be paid for compensation for costs associated with your injuries. You can receive this money until you are in the correct state to go back to work.
If you are going through the workers’ compensation claims process and are receiving backlash from your employer, or if you believe that you are not being compensated adequately, then it is important to get in touch with a Riverside construction injury lawyer. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the higher chances you have of optimizing your benefits outcome because they can advise you at the outset about steps you should take based on the nature of your accident and the responsibility of the parties involved.
HOW A RIVERSIDE CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT LAWYER CAN HELP ME
If you have been hurt in a construction accident while working in Riverside, a local construction injury lawyer can help you in a multitude of ways. It’s important to contact a lawyer as soon as you can in order to optimize your case outcomes and ensure that you have enough time to start the workers’ comp claims process and/or file a lawsuit. A Riverside construction accident lawyer can help you with the following:
- Giving legal advice. An experienced and knowledgeable construction accident attorney that knows the details of California workers’ rights and personal injury laws, as well as construction-related rules and regulations. Therefore, based on the details of your case, they can provide you with advice on how to get compensation for your injuries.
- Helping with case building. A construction injury lawyer can help you gather all of the documents and files you need to build up evidence for your case. This can include photos of the accident site, post-accident reports, and medical documentation. They will help you fill out the appropriate paperwork and meet deadlines as well so that you can optimize your case outcome.
- Figuring out who is liable for the accident. A dedicated Riverside construction injury lawyer can determine who was at fault for the construction accident. They can analyze all of the details of your case and compare this with California construction and working conditions regulations in order to determine which parties were responsible for the accident. Based on this, they can advise you on whether or not to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.
- Working with workers’ compensation insurance providers. It can be difficult to get in touch with your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance provider, and they may attempt to lowball your benefits in order to save money for their company. An experienced local Riverside lawyer knows what a fair compensation settlement is, and they can work to ensure that your final offer is just and equivalent to the damages you sustained.
- Advising you on compensation. Sometimes, it can be unclear how to get your money back after a settlement or which future purchases can be reimbursed with workers’ compensation. An injury lawyer can help advise you on which costs are covered based on your settlement, such as transportation to and from getting medical care.
- Representing you in court. In the case that you decide to pursue a personal injury lawsuit against your employer or a third party at fault, then it will be useful to have a lawyer who can protect your interests during the case. A Riverside construction accident lawyer can walk you through the legal processes required and help defend your case in front of a jury.
By hiring a Riverside construction accident lawyer, you are optimizing your chances of getting the compensation for damages that you deserve. They can help you gather evidence and build a strong case, determine who was responsible for the accident, help you pursue litigation, assist you with the details of the workers’ compensation claims process, and fight on your behalf in the courtroom if needed.
Construction Accident Lawyer FAQS:
Q: How Will I Receive My California Workers’ Compensation Settlement?A: The manner in which you will receive your California workers’ compensation settlement will depend on the nature of your case, including whether you are temporarily or permanently out of work. Typically, if you are receiving temporary benefits, then you will be paid every two weeks. If your payment period is up, you can apply for an extension. Permanent disability benefits will be paid out differently.
Q: How Long Will It Take Me to File a Riverside Workers’ Comp Claim?A: Filing a Riverside, CA, workers’ compensation claim is simple, but it needs to be done within 30 days of the accident that resulted in your injury or within 30 days of noticing that you were sick. You will need to fill out a DWC-1 form that your employer will give you within one business day of you notifying them that the accident happened. After you submit this form, the longest part of the claims process will be waiting on the settlement decision of the insurance company.
Q: How Long Can I Continue to Get California Workers’ Compensation After My Accident?A: The length of time that you will be able to continue to receive workers’ comp benefits after your accident in California depends on the severity of your injury or illness. When you are considered by approved medical personnel to have reached maximum medical improvement, or MMI, which means you are mentally and physically capable of going back to work again, then your workers’ comp payments will stop. If you have a permanent disability as a result of the accident, then you will likely be eligible to receive longer-term payments.
Q: How Does Health Insurance Work for California Workers on Workers’ Compensation?A: If you are a California worker who is getting workers’ compensation payments, then your medical bill expenses associated with your illness or injury will be paid for by the workers’ compensation insurance firm of your employer. This means that medical expenses, such as any necessary therapy or doctor’s appointments, as well as prescriptions, will be paid for. Typically, the insurance company handling your case will make the medical expense payments directly to your healthcare providers.
Q: Can I Receive California Workers’ Compensation and Have Another Small Job at the Same Time?A: Yes, it is possible to have another job in order to supplement your income in addition to the income of your workers’ compensation in California. However, it is critical to let both your primary and secondary employers know that you are an employee at two separate companies and that you are still receiving workers’ comp. Also, you will be required to regularly report your income, and if it exceeds a certain amount, then this will cut into your worker’s compensation benefits.
A RIVERSIDE CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT LAWYER WHO HAS YOUR BACK
Getting in a Riverside construction accident can be frustrating as a worker. You may be feeling restless because you temporarily or permanently can’t work, stressed or startled from the aftermath of a traumatic accident, and let down by the people who were supposed to be responsible for your safety. Although your workplace may have failed to keep you safe, Diefer Law Group, P.C., is here to ensure that you are protected when it comes to fighting for the workers’ compensation you deserve.
Upon contacting a Riverside construction accident lawyer from our firm, we will work with you to understand the details of your case, including the nature of the accident and the parties involved. Contact one of our lawyers today for a free consultation and to learn more about how you can stand up for your rights in the aftermath of your construction accident.
Riverside Practice Areas
Request a Free Consultation
Diefer Law Group, P.C.
2030 Main Street
Irvine, CA 92614
San Diego, CA 92130
355 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Riverside CA, 92506
34204 Pacific Coast
Dana Point, CA 92629