Orange County Workplace Retaliation Lawyer
EMPLOYER RETALIATION ATTORNEY IN Orange County, CA
UNDERSTANDING YOUR RIGHTS
- Raising complaints regarding discrimination, harassment or violations of workplace law
- Filing a whistleblower claim
- Participating in workplace investigations or legal proceedings
- Opposing unlawful activity
- Taking pregnancy, family, medical or military leave
- Voting or serving jury duty
WHAT CONSTITUTES RETALIATION in California?
- Wrongful termination
- Demotion, disciplinary action or negative evaluations
- Change in job or shift assignment
- Exclusion from meetings or training
- A series of retaliatory acts
STEPS YOU SHOULD TAKE AFTER BEING RETALIATED AGAINST at Work in California?
FIRED AS RETALIATION in California
RETALIATORY DISCHARGE CLAIMS
- Alleged misconduct such as sexual harassment
- Claiming discrimination in the workplace
- The employee/victim did or said something that made the employer feel exposed
OTHER FORMS OF WORKPLACE RETALIATION in California
- Being left out of decisions and other meetings they were formerly included in.
- The “cold shoulder” is an attitude that often accompanies workplace retaliation; 62% of employees surveyed indicated that they were victims of this treatment.
- More than half of all employees surveyed said they experienced at least one instance of verbal abuse from their manager or supervisor.
- 56% of employees surveyed say that they experienced threatened job loss as a type of retaliation.
- Failing to receive an expected raise or promotion.
- Receiving verbal abuse from co-workers.
- Just under half of employees surveyed indicated that retaliation took on the form of a pay cut or their supervisor scaling back their hours.
- Were you relocated or were your job duties reassigned? About 44% of employees surveyed said that they experienced the same thing.
- Just under 35% of all other employees surveyed indicated that they were demoted, harassed online, endured physical harm or damage to their property, or harassed at home.
REQUEST A FREE CASE EVALUATION
If you believe that you are a victim of employer retaliation, our Southern California employment attorneys can review your case. By requesting a free, no-obligation case evaluation, you can learn more about your eligibility to pursue legal action and the compensatory damages to which you may be entitled. Should you have a viable claim, our employment lawyers are prepared to guide you step by step through the legal process and toward the resolution you deserve.
Our Orange County Workplace Retaliation Lawyers CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
- Lost wages
- Emotional damages
- Punitive damages
If you have been wrongfully terminated or your job has been threatened as a form of workplace retaliation, then retain the legal representation you need by contacting a Southern California wrongful termination attorney at Diefer Law Group, P.C. We also represent employees who are enduring retaliation other than termination, such as pay cuts, demotions, loss of benefits and more. Our passion is to protect employees throughout Southern California against unlawful employment practices.
At Diefer Law Group, P.C., we dedicate two Southern California employment lawyers to each client’s case and always place an emphasis on personal attention. Members of our legal team have received the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award and been included in the Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars, therefore you can be fully confident when trusting your case to these proven legal experts.